Want to promote your content with us? Call/SMS: +2347088850874 Now!!!
Honourable Haruna Manu was born to the family of Hajiya Hauwau and Alhaji Manu Umar in Mutum-Biyu; Headquarters of Gassol Local Government Area, Taraba State in the year: 1973.
He holds a first degree in Business Administration with specialization in Finance from Ahmed Bello University, Zaria and a Master of Science Degree in Electronic Commerce from the prestigious graduate school of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University in the United States of America.
A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE], Haruna’s personal career spans design and installation of new systems, technology evaluation, product development and rollout for both business and consumer-oriented services. He has experience conducting due diligence on new ventures obtaining funding for small/medium-scale businesses.
His career started at Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas [NLNGI], and later in the U.S where he led many consulting assignments for start-up-wireless and satellite communication firms and deployment of payroll systems and Biometric Infrastructures.
The Deputy Governor worked with MTN Nigeria Communications Limited before finally settling down to pioneer many start-ups firms.
Haruna was elected in 2011 into the House of Representatives to represent Bali/Gassol Federal constituency. He was the Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Banking & Currency. Some of his memorable and successful motions on the floor of the 7th Assembly were:
- A motion on the Reconstruction of the collapsed Dobeli Bridge in Taraba State.
- A motion on Urgent Need to connect Taraba Central to the National Grid.
- A motion on the Need to examine the implementation of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme[SURE-P].
- A Bill for the amendment of Fiscal Responsibility Act.
- (e) A Motion on the Urgent Need to verify and ascertain the Volume and value of Crude Oil Sales by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation [NNPC] from January 2013 to date.
That Haruna Manu is today the Deputy Governor is a result of sheer hard work and sincerity; an arrangement ordained by God Almighty.