His Excellency, Architect Darius Dickson Ishaku
His Excellency, Arc. Darius Dickson Ishaku was elected into office in 2015. He was born in Lupwe in present Ussa Local Government Area of Taraba State on 30th July, 1954 to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Naomi and Ishaku Istifanus.
Arc. Darius Ishaku began his educational pursuit at St. Bartholomew’s Primary School, Wusasa, Zaria from 1961 and obtained his First School Leaving Certificate in 1967. He thereafter proceeded to St. Paul’s College Kufena, Zaria for his secondary education where he graduated in 1972.
He further enrolled into the School of Basic Studies, Ahmadu Bello University -Zaria between 1972 to 1974 for advanced level education, and immediately gained admission to the same institution where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture in 1977 and a Master’s Degree (M.Sc) in Architecture in 1979, with distinction, (a rare feat in those days).
He did his National Youth Service Corps assignment with the Imo State Ministry of works from 1979 to 1980.
As a student at ABU Zaria between 1974 to 1979, he never forgot his roots as he ran back to do vocation jobs at the Gongola State Housing Corporation in Yola at every given opportunity.
By the time he completed his Master’s degree in architecture, he had travelled to many parts of the world to see different architectural landscapes in addition to well-planned and organized towns, cities and country-sides.
He appreciated this very much which propelled him to pursue a Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning; being confident that with additional skills and qualification, he will be able to contribute to the new capital of Nigeria, Abuja.
In 1982, he was admitted as a Registered Member of the Nigeria Institute of Architects and became a Fellow of the Institute [FINA] in June 2001. He is also a member of the Nigeria Institute of Town Planning.
In 1980, he served as an Architect with Inter Design Partnership, then joined Bestarc International Association, where he rose to the position of a Director in 1983.
In the same year he registered his company, Excelare Partners, an architectural, planning and engineering firm where he acted as Managing Director. With several decades of architectural practice and experience along with an insatiable thirst for higher academic laurels, he began a PhD program in Architecture (In View) also at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria in 2007. After 5 years, he completed his course work but is yet to submit his final dissertation due to demand on his time.
Arc. Darius Dickson Ishaku along with eight  other alumni of the department of Architecture of the Ahmadu Bello University were later invited to reinstate the institution’s accreditation with Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON). That singular call to duty restored the accreditation for the teaching of Architecture in ABU, Zaria.
Prominent among his architectural designs and project management are;
- Phase III General Land Use Master Plan of Abuja – FCT.
- South – East Regional Development Plan.
- 1000 Seat Lecture Theatre and the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, ABU, Zaria.
- Faculty of Distance Learning & Continuing Education, University of Abuja.
- 250 nos. Lecture Theatre and Medical Health Centre; Nassarawa State University, Keffi.
- National Space Research and Development Agency (NARSDA) Ministry of Science and Technology Housing Estate, Lagos.
- Market and Shopping Complex, Area 7, Garki, Abuja.
- The Central Post Office [Boat Design], Garki, Abuja.
- Coordination of Development of Phase III District [FCDA], Abuja.
- Ten(10) Storey Residential Apartment Block, Abuja.
In the area of Community Service, he has been passionate and committed in providing free services in design, consultancy and supervision of several projects which are beneficial to the welfare of the common man. Some of these projects include:
- Mitosath Clinic (River Blindness Clinic/hospital) Jos, Plateau State.
- Renovation of Hekan Catheral and Primary school Kaduna.
- Design and Supervision of church building in Gubuchi –Ikara, Kaduna State.
- Design and supervision of Hekan Church, Jalingo, Taraba State.
- Albarka Baptist church, Kaduna State.
- Jukun Bible Institute, Wukari, Taraba State.
- Christian Reformed Church of Christ in Nigeria Hospital, Takum, Taraba State.
Today, destiny has crowned this ever dynamic leader. Arc. Darius Dickson Ishaku the Executive Governor of Taraba State and Captain of the Rescue Team.