Adding your blog to your Facebook
profile is a great way to promote your blog and drive traffic to it, and there are multiple ways this can be done.
With each method described below, you’ll get free advertising for your blog since sharing links is 100% free. The method you choose depends on how, exactly, you want to post your blog on Facebook.
Share Links to Your Blog Posts
The first and easiest way to post your blog to Facebook is to simply share the blog posts manually as status updates.
This is by far the easiest and most direct way to advertise your blog for free and share your content with your Facebook friends.
- Log in to your Facebook account and find the Make Post section at the top of the page.
- Type something about the blog post that you’re sharing, and then paste theURL into the post directly below your text.
Once you’ve pasted the link, a preview of the blog post should populate below the text box.
Tip: You can paste a link in the status box with the Ctrl+V keyboard shortcut. Just make sure you’ve already copied the URL to your blog post, which you can do by highlighting the URL and using the Ctrl+C shortcut.
- Once the blog post snippet appears, erase the link you just added in the previous step.The blog URL will remain and the snippet should stay in place below your text.
Note: If you want to delete the link from the blog post to use a new link or to not post a link at all, use the small “x” at the top right of the preview box.
- Use the Post button to post your blog link to Facebook.
Note: If you have the visibility for your post set to Public, then anyone can see your blog post, not just your Facebook friends.
Link Your Blog to Your Facebook Profile
Another way to post your blog on Facebook is to simply add the link to your blog on your Facebook profile.
That way, when someone is looking through your contact details on your profile, they will see your blog and be able to go directly to it without waiting for you to post a blog update.
- Log in to your Facebook account and access your profile.
- Go to the About tab and then click/tap Contact and Basic Info from the left pane.
- Choose the Add a website link on the right side under WEBSITES AND SOCIAL LINKS.
If you don’t see this link then you already have a URL posted there. Hover your mouse over the existing link and choose Edit and then Add another website.
Note: Make sure the visibility of the link is set to Friends, Public, or Custom so that other Facebook users or the public can find your blog.
- Choose Save Changes to post your blog on your Facebook profile page.
Set up Auto-Blog Posts
The third and most complicated way to link your blog to Facebook is to set up auto-posting so that whenever you post on your blog, your Facebook friends can see each new post automatically.
When you link your blog to Facebook, each time you publish a new post, a snippet of that post appears on your profile’s home page as a status update. Every friend that you’re connected with on Facebook will automatically see your blog post on their Facebook account where they can click through and visit your blog to read the rest of the post.