Inside Facebook has recently written about simplifying how you use Facebook with other social media tools in order to make life a little easier. We’ve discussed merging calendaring by syncing Facebook events with Google calendar and simplifying microblogging by syncing Twitter and Facebook status messages.
For all of the bloggers out there, here’s another how-to that will eliminate the need for you to “re-blog” stories on Facebook. If you’re a blogger that isn’t already linking to your stories on Facebook, you might want to think about it. Here are a few simple steps to increase your web presence by leveraging the power of the social graph. Why not?
How to Import Your Blog Into Facebook
1) In the “Applications” menu (in the bottom bar), choose “Notes.”
2) Under “Notes Settings,” click on “Import a blog”
3) Type in the URL of your blog and make sure to check the mini-EULA
4) At the bottom of the preview, click on “Confirm Import”
And that’s it — your blog is now available to all your Facebook friends and family! Whenever you post new articles on your blog, they will automatically appear on your Wall and in your friends’ News Feeds, driving traffic to your site.
Next step: Integrate Facebook Connect on your blog.
Update: Facebook has since changed Notes such that this method may no longer work for importing your blog.
- How to get 150,000 people to read your blog in 1 week (and how I did it)
- PDP Looters Funded Buhari’s 2015 Campaign– Senators, Reps